Social Justice Committee: Vision, Mission, and Strategic Goals
19 February 2017
The following vision and mission statements were approved by members of the Social Justice Committee on Feb 21, 2016.
The Social Justice Committee of the Unitarian Church of Edmonton is committed to and engaged in promoting a just society.
The Social Justice Committee promotes social justice by
- Ensuring that a strong and visible commitment to social justice is central to the purpose, identity, and activity of the church.
- Nurturing a culture, within the church and its many communities, in which social justice is understood, valued, and integrated into the spirit of fellowship within the church; and
- Educating the congregation on issues related to social justice and facilitating participation by members of the congregation in social justice activities.
On January 18, 2015, we agreed to pursue the first two strategic goals listed below. On February 19, 2017, we added the third.
- Educating ourselves and the congregation about homelessness and poverty
- Supporting the work of the EndPovertyEdmonton
- Supporting Indigenous actions, as allies, to protect the environment and to promote land rights, social justice, and human rights.
(Page creation in progress)